Thursday, March 17, 2011

Week 9.2 "Amalga Poster"



This design is based on my earlier projects called, Amalgamated Industries. For this assignment we were given images of widgets that they distribute to other industries and were instructed to develop a simple poster design. I constructed the image in Photoshop; originally the image’s background was black with a gradient of gray. To change the background to white, I first turned the image into a smart object and by selecting the background with the magic wand tool I could isolate the background from the widget. By doing this anything I do to the image would only effect the background and not the widget itself. I then erased the background with the eraser tool so I only have the image of the widget in the document.

I then finished the project by bring the image into Illustrator and because of Illustrator’s vector system I could resize the image without losing in pixels or distortions of the image keeping the image clear and crisp. The texts were added last by positioning the text with a significant amount of space it will complement the white space and help the composition’s flow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment