Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week 4.2 "Night-Flower"



This piece is called, “night-flower”. As you can see their flowers, but not ordinary flowers their night flowers or black flowers that have color tints and shadows.  Another successful composition as with the “biplane2” the objective was the same just with a different event being represented. The theme of this composition was a flower show and the same basic principles applied only the use of color, shape, and the main object. My concept was to have a chalkboard feel with a hint of color. The concept is basic two flowers on a black background. I wonted the flowers to look sketchy like a drawing and combined with a black background gives the flowers a glowing effect making the colors of the flowers stand out. Having the background completely black would make the composition dull and lifeless, so applying a white on black backdrop would balance the composition out and at the same time complement the concept design.  The backdrop was designed using a leaf pattern brush and styled as an arch around the flowers as a focus.

The difficulty I had in this design was the position of the flowers and how I would keep the background from becoming tedious. Deciding how to design the flowers was very difficult as there are many ways to do it, but I decided to something different and familiar to me.

This composition turned out great and it gave me more interesting way to do things, it even gave me a new idea to have this project redone.


No comments:

Post a Comment