Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 5.1 "Skyfall"

Hey guys, today’s showcase will consist of works that revolve around photo manipulation.


The first is called, “Skyfall.” The objective of this composition was to convey a statement that is considered a cliché. This piece represents the cliché, “the sky is falling.” The composition is of two images one of the sky and another of a puzzle both of which I acquired from my school’s photo stock sources on the server, so I could avoid any copyright infringements. The two images are on separate layers and by selecting each puzzle piece with the magic wand tool I could make them small templates for parts of the sky. By using the puzzle templates as an overlay on the sky image I could trace and cut them from the image making them independent. Then I finished the composition off by applying the puzzles on different layers, and moving them to my desired positions.

Some of the difficulties I had with this composition were getting the layers to appear correct on screen and getting the sky onto the puzzle pieces and making them appear out of place, three dimensional and falling from the sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment