Monday, February 28, 2011

Week 8.1 "Amalga Logo"


Hey everyone, this week I show case two sets of logo projects that I’ve been working on.

This logo is based off of a made up company we were given in class called, Amalgamated Industries Incorporated. The instructions were very simple we were told to develop a working logo piece that would be used for multiple media sources. We were given total freedom in the logos concepts.

I first started sketching on my tracing pad developing many different ways the company name could be formed using only text. Out of all the design I sketched I chose one and recreated it using Illustrator.

The logo is made up of the three letters of the company’s name, “a.i.i.”. The letters are all in lower case form and are stacked onto each other on separate layers giving it an interesting design. A trick I used to get the “a” to appear to be in sections was to use a clipping mask on another “a” and place them next to each other to form a sectioned “a.”  

The piece required a two-color format, a four-color format, and a black and white color format. By using Illustrator’s pantone color palette I chose three colors that would best represent the logo to finish it off.

One of the difficulties I had with this project was to keep all the letters aligned in each design, so by using the alignment tools in Illustrator I could easily get the design aligned the way I wonted.

No comments:

Post a Comment