Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 6.1 "Carpentry"

Hey guys, another week and two more works to post. For this week I’ll show you some logos and labels that I’ve worked on in Illustrator so enjoy.

This design is called, “Carpentry.” For this assignment I was given a profession and was told to design a logo for print, which we would use to represent the profession we were given. We were also told to use our name as part of the composition to get us to experiment using type within a logo’s design.  The composition is in a standard logo layout, which gives different views and styles of the designed logo.

This is the final logo design. Its main focus is the right angle ruler and the lowercase B within the design.  I used Bauhaus as a typeface to complement the simple design with a simple and interesting type. I found it cool that the lower case B resembled a tape measurer so I used it in junction with my name to complete the project.



The only difficulty with this project was how to design the logo. To solve this problem I mostly sketched out all the drafts on tracing paper and brought it into illustrator and worked from those designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment