Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 6.2 "Fruit Label"


This design is called, “Fruit Label.” For this assignment I was given a product and was told to design labels for that product using label templates given in class. I struggled with this assignment a lot; I really didn’t understand the construction of a typical label so through research I found out that labels are usually very basic, bold and understandable.

So in my design I used the basic shapes as borders and I gave them basic color to fill the empty space. My subject was called, “Canyon Farms.” They sell fruit drinks so on each label I designed specific fruits. In my composition each label is interchangeable and don’t represent one fruit design but any fruit design that is applied to that specific label. Throughout the design I kept each one simple just using colored shapes, gradient backgrounds and bold text.

Tips: Usually when you want to represent anything edible you would use real photos of the subject. I chose not to in my design I wanted to be deferent and to experiment with this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment